Living in a log home never gets boring. Whether it is your everyday life, or your home away from home, the tradition never loses its charm. However, the cozy way of life comes with responsibilities. Cleaning and restoring your logs is the first step to keeping your cabin looking good.
A scheduled cleaning every few years will help prevent many problems throughout the life of your home. A thorough cleaning will also restore any logs that have been weathered and discolored and will bring them back to that fresh-cut look that you know and love.
Cleaning your logs
- Select a wood cleaner with a bleaching element, such as Wood ReNew.
- Use a pressure washer or water hose.
- Start from the bottom of the cabin and apply the cleaner to the logs. Starting at the bottom will prevent any dirt residue on the logs from washing down and making streaks on the logs.
- Add a gentle scrub the whole wall and be consistent.
- Rinse very carefully with lots of water from the top down to remove all the cleaner off of the wall.
- Rinse again and again.
Be careful when using a pressure washer
- Use correct fan or cone tip.
- Do not use a pencil tip.
- Use a gentle setting on water nozzles, not a jet.
- Keep the spray head at least 8 inches away from the logs.
- Do not harm the finish.
Don’t have the time to clean your own log home? Let the experts at LogMedics take care of the routine cleaning so that you can relax and enjoy your home. From products to process to price, there is a lot that goes into the preparation and cleaning of the logs. It is not a task to be taken lightly. LogMedics is dedicated to providing quality work and will work with you to stay within your budget. Give us a call at 866.956.4633!